Tuesday, April 1, 2008

go or stay at thermotron ??

Well, it's been awhile since I last made an entry so I thought it was about time.

On the job front, things are okay.

I just started this new position (production control) in February and unfortunately it hasn't turned out like I had hoped.

I still work at Thermotron, just in another building.

I thought I'd love getting out of accounting, but it turns out that I kinda miss it and I really miss the people I used to work with.

The people I work with now are nice but I don't have a whole lot in common with them and the workload is quite light so I find myself bored on occassion, which is not so much fun.

Yesterday B informed me that they are looking for a person in accounts payable at Bradford Company (our friend Eric works there) and thought I should apply.

I'm in a dilema on this because I just started this position a couple months ago so I don't really want to desert Thermotron but there are definate pluses to this new job opprotunity.

#1-It pays more but it farther away. Right now I have a 1 1/2 mile commute, Bradford is more like 10-15.

And with gas prices the way they are right now I'm thinking the difference in pay will account for the gas I'm gonna spend!

#2-Bradford will match up to 3% in your 401K, Thermotron matches nothing.

#3-at Bradford I could take an hour lunch, so I could still come home to let the dog out.

But once again, more gas spent.

So yeah, if anyone has an opinion on this I'd appreciate it.

I'm thinking I should at least apply, except now I'd have to do up another resume

No comments: