Monday, March 24, 2008

thermotron former manager


There sure were a lot of memories from T-land.

Some good, some not.
Some things that were going on in the field I wish I had been aware of--but, in retrospect at least it was something to learn from.

I try to follow the "if you can't say something good..." philosophy so I won't say too much about Thermotron but the last 3 years seem to have made the problems with that management theory finally have a major effect on their business.

It surprises me that it takes so long for results to be seen from both good and bad things.

I would expect quicker results.It seems to work for us to be aware of the competition but not sell against them or even address them too much in our approach, just concentrate on the equipment and what we will do for the customer.

I have come to learn that there are some bad customers, very few actually, but it's best just to walk away and leave those to someone else.

Of course I think we could use more service people but I can't argue against the volume numbers I see coming in.

The trend is up but not by leaps and bounds so we're still in a holding pattern as far as adding people. I certainly think you would be an asset.

We don't have a wild crew (unless I'm missing something again)

but then how wild can one guy be? As we get older we get wiser.To thine own self be true.

history shows that one guy at Thermotron can steal and embezzle quite a bit..

talk to John Tenbrink at envirotronics or hil sysbesma or greg v johnson, dean tripp, berry wright, mark strain, or mitch kerr, or the famas tom bannish,

according to TB it's ok to be currupt because " they are all Currupt"
and peverting the truth is A OK

2 comments:

envirotom chamber said...

well
the skills that are really taught at thermotron by those guys.. were how to lie to the customer and your co workers..

we've made some changes sence then..

and gee .. just because i lie cheat and steal for a living at my job..

that dosen't make me a BAD PERSON !!!

i go to church!! and jesus died for my sins..!!!

he forgave me...

and my penence is 5 hail mary's, and 5 Our Fathers..

or better yet/...

I didn't Want 2 LIE !!!

But they TOLD me 2 !!!

envirotom chamber said...

how long have you been with thermotron? I hear lots of bad things about them, do you work from home?


I haven't been here very long at all.

Though I am by no means a seasoned veteran,

I am a bit surprised that you hear lots of bad things about Thermotron.

What are some of the things that you hear?

(Please don't take this as me trying to discredit your statement, because that is certainly not my intention).

I know one thing that we do have problems with at times is finding enough qualified service technicians to give the customers the appropriate ammount of attention.

Please feel free to share publicly or privately. I'm open to any and all feedback

e

J
I hear management likes the

"work from home concept",

they give you a fax machine and set you up with accounts

the main problems are lack of support and most of the time you don’t make the 40 hours,

at some point there was a woman running the show and

she didn’t know much about anything but screwing with techs pay,are you a tech-salesman?,

I met an ex-thermotron tech through RSES and he hated them with passion.